Mold are fungi that are part of the natural environment. They can grow indoors and outdoors. They thrive in the presence of moisture and reproduce by spores. Spores are extremely tiny and invisible. They float in the air and grow into mold when they land on moist surfaces.
When indoor surfaces get wet or are exposed to moisture, mold growth can start in 24 to 48 hours. Quick and safe mold removal is important in your home or office, as it can spread throughout the building in less than 72 hours. Mold can look unsightly, produce allergens or toxic substances, and affect the integrity of materials like drywall or fabric.
Home and business owners with mold problems must stop mold growth and clean up the place. VIP Restoration understands the impact mold can have on your family’s health and how it can disrupt your business. We have highly-trained VIP Restoration technicians with the knowledge, skills, and technology to perform mold removal and remediation work. Our mold remediation service aims to remove as much mold as possible and maintain adequate indoor air quality.
Dos and Don'ts If You Have Mold Infestation
Contact a mold remediation specialist, like VIP Restoration. While you wait for our professionals to arrive, here are some things you can do.
- Keep your HVAC system, fans, and other air-moving devices off. This will help limit the risk of airborne mold spores spreading throughout the home.
- If you can find a water source leading to water or moisture accumulation, attempt to stop it.
- If possible, restrict entry into the affected area, especially for children and pets. If the mold is confined to a room or space that can be closed or contained, keep the area closed.
- Avoid touching or disturbing the mold.
- Do not try to clean, dry, or disinfect the area.
- Painting over mold will not solve the problem.